Starlight, Starbright

Being a teenager is all about making a wish. There's only a few times throughout the year that you actually get to make a wish without sounding completely ridiculous, and as teens, I would never let them go by. From the countdowns to 11:11 (if you do both am & pm, you're doing the most), to blowing out candles on your birthday (that reminds me, I haven't done that in year - think some wishing is long overdue), and then there's the rarity that is a shooting sky. I've only seen on once, at school and it was mindblowingly cool. All I know is, starlight, starbright I wish I may, I wish I might ...


Wishing is something that's personal, it's just for you and for whatever you believe. Whether that be the cosmos, karma, heaven or some mixture of them - wishes go somewhere. You've got to wish like your life depends on it. Wishing only works if it comes from the bottom of your heart. You have to wholeheartedly mean it if you want something to really happen. Not every wish comes true and there's a reason for that. If everyone's wishes came the world would be a hella messed up place. You can wish all you want, and whatever happens, happens. If I could wish for anything for this world it would be that everyone would have a place to live, food to eat, and clothes to wear. Homelessness, and underprivileged kids, especially teens get to me. Everybody deserves a chance to have a wonderful life, and if I could I'd take everybody in and give them those basic things that they need to get themselves going. It's crazy to read stories on yahoo about people just being unnecessarily extravagant with their money. The family that demolished their home that was being built and restarted because the garage was in. the wrong place, gold encrusted iPhones, and the world's most expensive ice cream sundaes - when people are starving, and suffering in the agonizing heat - really? Yeah, people earned their own money and you can do whatever you want with it but you're obligated to give back, because you can and you're more than able. That's it, end of story. Why waste you're money, when you can change lives. Whenever I'm feeling under appreciated and tempted to throw a privileged kid tantrum - I remember I'm more than fortunate and should probably get over it and play some rollercoaster tycoon. Wish on a star, and make it count - starlight, starbright.

Just because I've already started planning for going back to school doens't mean I'm weird. I'm kind of just done with summer, and more than super excited to run train on that campus and dominate in literally everything. But even though I'm down to make my fabled (yes, legendary) return to the University of Vermont as a preptastic pre-med sophomore. My wishes for school this year - to have more time to study and for that studying to payoff. First year, I studied constantly and there was some unforseen desperation when it came to my schooling but this year I'm hoping that I can stand out academically as well as socially like I did in high school.  Other than talking a smac-ademic (ewe did I actually write that) I'd like to find those amazing friends that I had (still have) from high school. I want to be the best man at more than one wedding, I want to be the godfather to multiple kids, and have those memorable college friends like everybody else. College is supposed to be the time of your life, but so far it's been nothing like that for me. This year I'm wishing for more free time to just hang out and be free to live a classic college life with even more random antics, incidents, and happenings. I don't know if that'll actually happen with the whole presidency, TV show, and fraternity thing - but a man can dream right? Something I don't have to wish for being best dressed, once again. I'll be channelling Niall from One Direction and Spencer Boldman from 21 Jump Street - prep school swag and a modern classy look. Yes, ladies - I'll be more than open for business, and looking even better than before. Starlight, starbright - Vermont, I'm coming for you.

Being a teenager is all about wanting something and doing whatever it takes to get what you want. Whether that be some wishful thinking or the help of a magic genie, some fairly odd parents, or the Sandman - whatever works, works. Wishing isn't for fools, it's a normal thing to do and who knows if wishing falls on deaf ears. Things can happen when you least expect it. Starlight, starbright

My blog post question for the day is ... what's something you would wish for? Uhm, well there's a lot of things I wold wish for, but mostly to make friends with Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Jay McGuinness and Siva Kaneswaran.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex Bomb

Netflix and Chill

Awakening