Limitless

Being a teenager is all about having hope. It's about knowing that things can and will always get better. There's nothing in this world that you'll face that you're already not capable of overcoming. Whether you believe in God or not, big G doesn't give you anything you can't handle. If it was insurmountable you wouldn't encounter it. Even on our darkest days, just the smallest glimmer of hope is enough to break through. We are limitless, if we only we are.
 Follow Whatever Quotes!
You're in for a special treat (as in, I'm way too sleep deprived to write a whole blog post) with a video blog recapping my weekend shenanigans. Highlights include Relay for Life (10 hours, yup I did it), tuxedo fitting (my brother's getting married), watching Pitch Perfect and even a clip of me doing the wobble with my fraternity brothers. Enjoy, give the video a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel and this blog.
So that we as the recap part of my post. Here's the advice, brace yourselves I'm about to get deep up  in here. At the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life this past Friday night/Saturday morning there was this speaker there who had beaten cancer and he talked about hope. It's always one of my favorite words, but when he spoke about hope, it really resonated with me. As teens, but people in general, we're only capable of doing what we think we can do. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd end up staying at Relay for 10 hours (not after the crazy two days I'd had beforehand) but when it was left with me and Dom to represent for Phi Mu Delta - I knew I could do it and hoped it'd work out. It's not until you're put in crazy perilous situations (like Oliver Queen castaway cray) that you discover just exactly what how much further you can push yourself. The thing about me I know that I can and will not fail, as long as I try. I can do anything and everything that I need to. Giving up is never an option. That's because I have faith that I'm more than prepared to tackle anything that comes my way. I have hope that I can persevere and triumph. I am strong, I am persistent, and I am limitless. I can do anything I set my mind to. We are only stopped from overcoming barriers because we think we cannot succeed. It's up to us to be bold, courageous and fearless in the face of adversity, hardship and oppression. We can be terrified, timid, or petrified but as long as you know that you're going to make it, that's what matters. You just have to hope, above all else, hope. Know that you have the capacity to single-handedly change the world, that your existence is important and means something, and that you will reach whatever goals you have if you strive and believe it to be true. My most sincere wish is that no one ever loses hope, when that happens the end is near. What reason do we have more to go on if we don't have hope that our futures will be far better than the present and past? Nothing - there's nothing more powerful that hope. Never ever forget it. It's imperative to our livelihood. Hope like your life depends on it and don't be afraid to act - you're going to do it, because you already know it be true. We are infinite, we are irrepressible and we are limitless. I believe one day soon we will make a great discover on cures for HIV/AIDs and cancer only because the hope and will that people have is too strong to be ignored. Hopeful, always.

*Check out who my fraternity Relayed for - #ForNico, a handsome child with retinoblastoma; learn more about him and his family; donate here: https://www.facebook.com/ForNicoSantoli
Aww yeah fighting cancer!
Being a teenager is all about never backing down. No matter what you're up against remember that you can it down and you'll make it out. Whenever I want to give up, I know that giving up is just that giving up, when you don't accept defeat or acquiesce you have already won. You will make it out more ferocious and passionate than ever. Believe in whatever you believe, but make sure to add hope to the equation. The limit, for us, does not exist.
 Relay for Life
My blog post question for the day is ... what do you hope for? I hope that things will get better for everyone, that people will no longer suffer, and that everyone will get their heart's desire, achieve their goals and follow their dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netflix and Chill

Awakening

Fraternally Yours