Hindsight

Truth - Hindsight isn't always 20/20. Even when looking back we may not see what we're supposed to. Whenever we recall we are coming up with a new version of a story, experience, or happening. It's both a good thing and a bad thing because the way it actually happened may not be how we retell it, for better or worse. Reflection is oh so very important. In our past lies our futures. At the end of any experience, it's worthwhile to take some time and really dive deep into yourself to see how far you've come. This is hindsight.
 
"The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals." Melody Beattie
In a different life I would have pursued my journalistic passion and become a reporter or at least a TV personality on pop culture. I'd be hosting red carpet pre-shows, doing celebrity interviews, and counting down the biggest moments of the year right before the ball dropped on the new year. I'd barely know the name of the designer suit I'd be wearing but I'd look damn good in it. I'd make useless nonversation with people passing by and ask oddly intrusive questions for three minute interviews. All I know is I'd be a household name for doing nothing more than knowing about the professional and personal lives of people our society has made into quasi-gods with their celebrity status. So in keeping with that farfetched frivolous dream, it's the second annual recap post for all my favorite things of the year. Enjoy my top picks and side comments.
 
 
Best of 2015
Artist - Taylor Swift  New Artist - 5 Seconds of Summer Song - "What Do You Mean" Justin Bieber Album - "Made in the A.M." One Direction Dance - Whip & Hit Dem Folks 
Movie - Ant Man TV Showthe Flash New ShowQuantico Netflix Picks- Jessica Jones, Master of None, & Scrotal Recall Celebrity - Matt McGorry & Zendaya Coleman Personality- James Corden & Ellen DeGeneres
Actors - Viola Davis &  Chris Pratt Book - Mindy Kaling "Why Not Me?" 
Magazine - the Hollywood Reporter Video Game - Halo 5 
Athlete - Serena Williams & Kobe Bryant Twitter - Shaun King 
Instagram -  ThePlanetD Viner - Victor Pope Jr. 
Vine Trend - What Are Those? Youtuber- Settle Down Kids Facebook - Aziz Ansari
Trending Topic - #LoveWins Invention - the Drinkable Book
 Food- Truffles Slang - Lowkey, AF, TBH, Next Level
Hashtag#Thanksgivingclapback Meme - Why You Alway's Lyin' App - Twitter
Fashion Trend - Beanies  Emoji- Crying Laughing Color - Slate Blue/Gray

Happenings: Marriage Equality in the US, Grand Jury Non-Indictments, World Tragedies (Paris, Beirut, Japan, Kenya, Mexico), Mass Shootings Epidemic, Donald Trump, & Bernie Sanders, ISIS war, Syrian Refugee crisis, Visibility (Caitlyn Jenner comes out as Trans, Gus Kenworthy as out Olympian, Viola Davis for women of color), Movie Remakes, Sequels, and Reboots, Superheroes ... everywhere, Gifs Galore + Memes, food videos and so much more!

Things that Need to Stop:
In all seriousness this was the best year I have ever had. This was the year I graduated from college, started graduate school, and my first jobs. I turned 22, worked another summer of orientation, and lived by myself for the first time. I got a car and a credit card, plus learned how to budget and stick to it. I got back in to photography and upgraded my gaming to an Xbox One. I took this blog to the next level (like my facebook page here) and learned this like myself more, be alone, and survive. I made new friends, let go of some old ones, and took steps to enter the dating world. I laughed so damn hard, and cried way too often. I smiled like it was my job and embraced my inner self. My family is doing exceptionally well and life is good. Here's to an even better 2016. Wishing you great success, unconditional love, and pure happiness this year. X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex Bomb

Netflix and Chill

Awakening