Author

Truth - Self-esteem has to come for yourself. Too many times we look to others to determine our value and self-worth. It makes absolutely no sense. The key words in those hyphenated compound words is the "self" portion meaning us. We must be the ones to determine how we feel about ourselves, our bodies, our minds, our hearts, and our souls. No one else can do so. It has to be us. We have to decide for ourselves how will be embrace who we are, how we are, and why we are. It is time today, and every single day to write our own stories and be proud of our narratives. We are authors.

"Self-love is the source of all our other loves" Pierre Corneille

We are authors of our own life stories. Why then would we let anyone else be the protagonist in our stories? Our first-person adventures detail our experiences, hardships, and successes. Others may try to pen a few lines of our dialogue but we script our own soliloquys. Supporting characters may try to co-opt our stories but our autobiographies are to be drafted, edited, and published by us and us alone. Antagonists may try to derail our momentum, tell us what we write is meaningless, or struggle to silence us but we write for no one else but ourselves. Whether we are able to share our stories or not, the fact that we exist, that we have them, that we live is enough. We are enough. We matter. We get to claim our place in this world. We get to carve out our spot in history. We get to be here. No else, the world over, gets to say or suggest otherwise. We claim it. We take it. We own it. Our story is just that ... our story. It is a lifelong odyssey of epic proportions. It is a tumultuous torrid love affair with ourselves. It is a gut-wrenching drama tragedy, loss, and resilience. It is plot twist after plot twist, and a page turner, cover to cover, that leaves you guessing until the end.
 
What I mean to say is that I, you, and collectively we get to be proud of who we are. I am writing this post because the negativity in this society, this world, and this life threaten constantly to erase us from existence. Not today. Not ever. It will not happen. I have too much to say. I have stories to share. I have a world to change. Read me loud and clear that I am here to stay - point blank, period, full stop. I, like every other human being on this wonder-filled planet, get to feel good about who I am and who I get to be. There is no shame in being yourself. I get to own all my flaws, inequities, imperfections, and shortcomings. I get to embrace my awkwardness, quirks, and oddities. I get to claim my accomplishments, character, personality, and memories. I get to love the skin I'm in, the body I find myself in, and the heart that beats within it. Nobody gets to take that from me - absolutely not one living soul. I am granted the right to be me by nature of my entrance into this intersection of time and space in the cosmos. I am an author. I write for me. I write me. I write. I.


Let me remind that you in case you forgot, or be the first to welcome you to the exclusive barracks of the conceited elite. Do you love yourself? I mean unabashedly, unapologetically, and unrelentingly. Are you having the most passionate love affair with yourself? I mean to the point where others are queasy sick with how good your love is. What I am saying that sometimes selfishnesses is necessary for self-preservation. You without question must take care of your damn self before hurrying to the aid of others. Your self-care has to be a priority in your life. Everyone else suffers, including you, when you minimize the importance of taking care of yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Do something each day that makes you happy. Do something that makes you smile. Do something that fills your spirit. Do something that rejuvenates you. If it's watching TV, listening to music, art, or cooking a meal - great. If it's talking to loved ones, going out with friends, or dancing the night away - do it. Whatever you can do to lift yourself up in the littlest of ways, each and every day, and bigger ways when you need it - do it. Make time for it, and make it a priority. If you don't know what your self-care outlets are, ask others when they see you happiest or what they know you love to do. Anything that brings you joy, gives you peace, and allows you to be recharged is valid. Every author has to take a break sometime.
 
Self-doubt, self-loathing, and low self-esteem are some of the ugly side-effects of the negativity that comes with the hyper-critical world we find ourselves in. We are already bombarded with messages that tell us we are less than, that we don't matter, and that we are not good enough - we don't need it to come from ourselves. Learning to purify and detoxify yourself is an invaluable skill. It's one you only learn by practice but one that saves you from internalizing the opinions, malice, and harshness of others. When bullshit and I mean straight up nonsense comes your way, you block, you dodge, and rationalize. People can believe whatever they want about you, but what you believe about yourself matters most. When others try to hold you down, you rise above it. Learn to armor yourself with your love. Let your love for yourself be an all encompassing barrier of protection. Let the love you have for you shield you from the darkness of others. You are amazing. You are unique. You more than words. You are powerful. You are capable. You are talented. You are important. You are unstoppable. You are worthwhile. You are you, and no one else can take that from you. Be conceited, be narcissistic, and be in love with you. Be obnoxious about it. Be loud and proud about who you are. Be incessantly infatuated with the identity of you. You deserve your own love. You deserve to love your story. You deserve to love you. You get to love your self-authorship. X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netflix and Chill

Awakening

Fraternally Yours