Story of My Life

The 20s are all about are telling your personal story. Everyone deserves to be heard. No one is unimportant. We matter. We are needed. We have purpose, each and every one of us. Our lives are conduits to change the lives of others. Our purpose is to have a positive impact on this world to the best of our ability with the gifts we are given. Your life search is to discover your gift and then utilize it. The story of my life is to narrate the world, how I see it, and eventually how others do as well.


*This posts marks the third birthday of the start of this blog! Three years, 532 posts, 186,000+ pageviews and thousands of words later, I'm still going. Thank you. Seriously, thank you to all who have taken the time to read about my life. You can never know how much it means to me. Honestly, I'm astonished that people are engaged and even more so that my readership has increase. I love sharing my life with you, and I challenge myself to be as open and honest about what I experience and what I think. Yeah I'm scared to reveal so much about myself but I think that if one person benefits from hearing about me then it's worth it. Thanks for sticking with me. Hopefully you've gained something from my blog, or learned about me as a person. Here are my hand picked favorite posts of the year.

My Favorites of 2013
January: The Charter February: Sex Bomb 
November: Truth Serum December: Unsolved Mystery
 One Direction Story of My Life lyrics art cover
Can I just say that this past year that everything absolutely changed, including me. I've gone through so much, felt the full spectrum of emotions and experienced things that I never had before. I've matured but have come to realize it's an ongoing process. This year was all about self-reflection, trust, and forgiveness. I want to highlight some of my most personal posts, the annual race/racism summer trilogy - In Living Color, Colored, Color Blind about my experiences with prejudice + microaggressions Identity Crisis. My examinations of religion - Personal Religion & Shoutout to Big G. This year had so many major events both in my personal life (NEACURH/NACURH Conference Experiences - Cheer Captain Supreme, Twerk Team General; Get Uncomfortable, Get It & Thrust;  Kickin' It Old School, Old School Status ) as well as nationally/internationally, the Boston Marathon bombing, George Zimmerman verdict, Typhoon Haiyan, Royal Baby birth and just in general the surreal deaths we mourned. This year, I pulled back to the curtain and gave people a look at who I am more than ever before. Hope you enjoyed, and with way more to come (at least until I finish my college experience). Yours truly, Joteng

My blog post question for the day is ... what's your favorite post from my blog? I'm actually really curious to see what people see so comment below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netflix and Chill

Awakening

Fraternally Yours