Dirty Little Secrets

Being a teenager is all about spilling the deets. It's about sharing your deepest and darkest secrets. The things that no one else knows about you. Those things that you're not even able to speak out loud. The most private, and personal things about you. We all have to keep secrets, it's for own safety and our protection. Not everyone can know everything about us. Some things have to be left unsaid, and create that necessary air of mystery. We've all got this dirty little secrets.

Super sorry that this post is so late - but as you'll read later this week I took a trip for an RHA (residence hall association) conference and it threw me off schedule. Any way, this week has been all about secret keeping. I get the urge to tell people something but then I realize I'm not supposed to or I'm sworn to secrecy. So many things I know about now are just implied to be hush-hush and I have to be constantly conscious of what I say and how I say it much less compromise a secret that may or may not be mine to keep. So here it is - a new video blog post for the watching (please notice I'm in my actual bedroom in Ohio)!

In writing and shooting this post, I started to think about the things that I've never told anyone. By anyone, I mean no one whatsoever. It's not really that much but it's just stuff that I've never had the opportunity or found myself in the right situation to explicitly saw. Like, how I feel about college, my biggest fears, and why I do the things I do. All the stories of incidents, happenings and interactions that only happened to me but I was too embarrassed or too afraid to ever tell anyone about (ooph societal pressures are annoying as eff). All these dirty little secrets that we carry around with us. None of us can ever be without them, they are apart of us just as much as we are of them. Embrace them but don't let them have control over your life. Some secrets need to be spoken if they are distracting you or hurting more than hurting. Make your own judgement call. Dirty little secrets about to come out.
That’s why I lie..
Being a teenager is all about keeping your secrets just that ... secret. Not everything has to be shared with people. It's up to you to determine who you trust enough to share your entire self with. Being quick to share can come back to bite you in the ass if you're not cautious. Better to be sparing with who you spill the beans to. It's your dirty little secret.

My blog post question for the day is ... have you had a secret come out? Well, I don't really have that much to hide (but everyone does have secrets, there are things I don't talk about), so not in recent years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netflix and Chill

Awakening

Fraternally Yours