Eye of the Beholder

Being a teenagers means looking within yourself to figure out who you truly are. It's about defining what matters to you and doing what makes you happy. It's about standing up for what you believe in and taking a stand when you're wronged. One the greatest things that plagues us as young people is physical beauty. We're on a constant quest to be the best looking person of all time. All the products we use, acne creams, the clothes we wear, and some even go as far as plastic surgery for nose, boob and tushy jobs. It's out of hand. The pressure comes from everywhere, to please our parents, to attract the most girlies/suitors, and to be the center of attention, but what we don't realize is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't say that to be corny or cliché, it's meant to be read that we can only like how we look if first like ourselves. Get ready to go down and deep within yourself.

 

Yesterday, I was watching CNN with my dad and ordering clothes online for college. They had this special about children of the recession, and I literally broke the heck down and lost it. These kids and their families had lost their houses, they were living in run down motels (the bus now makes stops there) and they go to sleep hungry. When they were recounting the stories of having to sometimes beg for food or do homework by candlelight because their electricity was shut off, it just inspired even more that I have to be able to help kids like them. The parents, that's their own business, but children are innocent bystanders. As a doctor first, and then a social worker, I must be able to provide a safe, clean, and secure home for people in the toughest times of their lives. Whether that be adopting a few abandoned kids of my own, or opening up "in transit" houses for the unemployed, I'm going to do whatever it takes to end this epidemic. It bothers me to know that people send their aid to people in foreign countries when there are millions of people suffering right here in a the United States, yeah my parents are foreigners as well, but we all believe that before you can help others, you have to help yourself. This the major thing that fires me up, whenever I see kids suffering it really hits home with me, to the point where I can sleep, eat or think about anything else. When you find something that gets your blood pumping, your heart racing, and your mind going off, that's when you know you're passionate about something. Those the things that define what kind of person you are. That's what people should judge you on, and how you should also rate yourself. Stay true to your dreams and realize your beauty lies within the eye of the beholder.



Bullying and being put down in general can really mess up a person. Suicide, depression and all other out of control behavior in teens has been on the rise for years. I don't whether our situation is just super grim, or maybe it's because there's a major lack of self esteem going around like a sick-nasty pride disease. Let me tell you, pride may be a deadly sin but there's no harm in being proud of yourself. Self confidence is the lock and key to happiness. Everyone is so afraid of being embarrassed, of looking or sounding dumb all the time that they act like somebody their not and miss the opportunity to have fun. Listen here people, everybody judges everyone, don't lie, as soon as someone walks into the room I give them the up and down, trying to figure out what kind of person they are. Well we all know we can't really know someone until we've gotten to know them, but like on the real, how a person acts or wears may or may not be a good indication of what they think of themselves. It's hard not to notice when kids are sitting all alone, looking all out of it and mopey and then you also notice the larger than life airheaded kids who think they're so popular they run the teenage world. We need to be somewhere in between. Having good self esteem is the only way to happy in this life. I hold myself to high self esteem, there's nothing people can say to tear me down. Call me what you want, spread whatever false rumor you want, but you don't know me, and if you're being vicious then I don't want to get to know you. It literally geeks me out that it took until the end of senior year and a few parties for people to realize that I'm a classy character. If you've never spoken to me before and then you figure out I'm pretty much a comedian, and just generally a down to Earth person, you're out of luck. None of us need other people's personal approval to know that we're awesome people. My confidence within myself comes from the eye of the beholder.



We've come down to the center of the entire ordeal. Good looks and superficiality people. It's hard to do anything without thinking like good gosh, those people look like freaking supermodels. Commercials with celebrity endorsements, provocative clothing models on store bags, and people who just happen to be pretty/handsome in everyday life. There's this facebook page that picks the hottest young people in Cincinnati and has people rate them, if you make it on there, you're pretty much the shat. But seriously what you look like should not be such a big deal as people make it. Yes, I know the mantra of only ugly people think that good looks don't matter, well that's false as hell. I know I'm both hot and dangerous, and I literally smell of sex wherever I go, but that's besides the point (JK). We can't really do much about what we look like, other than showering, styling our hair and wearing clothes that flatter our body types, your genetics have got your looks on lock. Instead of comparing yourself to other people, realize that you look good. We all do. When I think a girl is super cute, it's not just because she's got that mocha frappucino skin, long luscious creme de la creme hair, and piercing eyes reading the darkest parts of my inner being, but because she's a jokester, she gives me backsass and her personality is so genuine you could shape a diamond out of all that precious metal. Who you are on the inside overall counts more than what you look like. Pretty people may get noticed first, but it's the people with that grounded personality that make it in the long run. Looking hot as hell can only get you so far, at some point you'll be actually asked to be speak. Ooph, beauty comes from within the eye of the beholder.



Being a teenager is all about understanding what makes you you. Don't ever change, for anyone and nobody. You're perfect just the way you are, and if anyone tells you otherwise, don't take it to heart, they must not know the real you. Strive for goals that display what kind of person you are, and stay away from vanity and superficiality. If you're fake, you will get called out on it.



My double blog post question for the day is ... what makes you you? For me, it's my empathy, as in the ability to understand and connect with pretty much anyone. It's my greatest quality for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netflix and Chill

Awakening

Fraternally Yours